Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 May 2015

The Marvel 616 Universe ends... and the Actualityverse grows



Since Marvel NOW! began, I've been running a MN! Facebook Fanpage, updating it regularly as Marvel's creative teams have guided us towards the end of both the regular Marvel (616) Universe and the Ultimate Universe, as the launch of Secret Wars #1 - out today - pits them on a collision course with each other.

At the centre of all this has been writer Jonathan Hickman's run on Avengers - and its sister titles New Avengers and Avengers World. I was late to the party with these, but I have become gripped, as Marvel's heroes and villains have fought, in all manner of ways - many compromising their own morality - to prevent the inevitable destruction of their Earth; as alternate realities collide - with their Earths' at the epicenter of the collision.

The result of this being Battleworld: a new patchwork universe comprised of various alternate realities. As I write this, I haven't reached the end of Hickman's Grant Morrison-influenced, startlingly ambitious, epic run on Avengers, as I've been catching up with the collections - but I plan on getting fully up to speed very soon, and experiencing the Battleworld books as they hit, in what promises to be Marvel's grandest crossover ever.


As Marvel NOW! ends, so does my FB Fanpage, and, much as I've enjoyed keeping up with the previews of what's to come that I've been featuring there, the timing is good for me, as a comics writer - as things are going to the next level with my own books and I will be spending more time focusing on them. Both my long-awaited Geek-Girl and Cabra Cini: Voodoo Junkie Hitwoman mini-series are slated for release next year, and I've just released a Preview of them in Free Digital Comic Actuality Press #1.

Above is a Geek-Girl page from the comic, and you can check out the Press Release and get your copy of Actuality Press #1, FREE, here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment