Search This Blog

Monday 15 February 2021

Geek girl: Vera Vanguard

Hi folks, here's a quick-fire interview I did with Cosplayer Vera Vanguard:


What got you into cosplay? 
 
I was playing the OG Tomb Raider 3 and when I hit London Level, I was like.... wha! I can totally dress up like that! I have that outfit in my closet, and then I just made a gun holster from a few old belts and black duck tape LOL. Got me some toy guns from Toys R Us and blammo! My first rendition of Lara Croft. Went to a comic book convention for the first time dressed up and was a sensation.... I was hooked after that.


Which character/s do you most connect with when cosplaying? 
 
I only cosplay characters 90% of the time I actually like. It's funny that Harley Quinn is so connected with me but I've been rocking the double pony tails since I was 16 years old and they are my trademark when I go clubbing. Everyone kind of remembered me as the Harley-looking girl so I stopped resisting and started actually working it, but in my own way (If you look on my instagram @veravanguard). I'm also a pretty good Susan Storm, Samus, and my last super sensational costume was Callisto.


Which (if any) comics are you into at the moment? 
 
I don't have time to play video games or read comics but my favorite is Lobo. I have almost all the old comics of his and a small shrine to him in my kitchen.


Are there any more-obscure characters you'd love to cosplay? 
 
Obscure cosplay is really not  my thing... I like to go big or not at all.


What's the best place for people to check out your work? 
 
Please follow me @veravanguard on IG or FB. Thank you so much!
 
Cheers, Vera!

:) Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment